Written by the Revd John Wardle
John Wardle, Rector of Bridlington Priory, has long experience in this area and is a wise guide. He asks, 'What is Christian healing?' and goes on to consider healing in the New Testament and in today's Church and world. From there he sets out practical steps for those wishing to start a healing ministry in the local church, together with guidelines for good practice. John lists resources (books and organisations) and the booklet ends with frequently asked questions, including :
- Does God send/use suffering?
- Why are some people healed and not others?
- Should I throw away the pills and rely on prayer instead?
- What is the Christian attitude to complementary and alternative therapies?
- What is the place of faith in praying for healing?